Tuesday 6 December 2011

AN OPEN LETTER TO THE MANAGEMENT OF REVELATION TV.

AN OPEN LETTER TO THE MANAGEMENT OF REVELATION TELEVISION.

Dearest Brothers in Christ,

The work of Revelation Television has been a great blessing to many believers in the Lord Jesus and has reached out to those who do not yet know Him with compassion and sincerity. My own family and friends have benefited from your work and my appearances with Bob Mitchell have been a real blessing to me. I was looking forward to further programmes with Bob, and also with Dr Richard Kent in the 2012, but sadly I cannot continue to use your excellent facilities to proclaim the End-Times truths so relevant to our World today. Why? Please will you examine my deep concerns outlined below.

I was uncomfortable with the fact that airtime was being made available to the Seventh Day Adventist Church which I do not consider to be part of mainstream Biblical Christianity but, as I knew that there are true believers within it, I said and did nothing. I was probably wrong and should have spoken out. But when I learned  that Rev. Jesse Duplantis was to appear on your station, that was a few steps too far and I have to distance my ministry from you.

I have three believing daughters married to christian husbands in the USA so my visits to America have been frequent over the last two decades. My children have thought it amusing to show me TV programmes of various unbiblical and extra-biblical preachers including Mr Duplantis. I have been horrified at the deceptive heretical teaching and worldly presentation of his programmes.

Part of the message which I regularly teach, that of the imminent return of the Lord Jesus, is to warn of deceivers and those who will introduce false doctrines: " Woe to them! For they have gone in the way of Cain, having run greedily in the error of Balaam for profit and perished in the rebellion of Korah." (Jude 11 NJKV).

I cannot teach this up and down the UK, and elsewhere, and then appear on a TV Station which hosts one of the very individuals that I have been warning about. As a former Intelligence Officer I know that the very best lies are those that are closest to the truth. This means in these "last days" that the deception aimed at believers does not come from weird and obviously heretical cults but from those who look like us but "are not of us". I fear that Mr Duplantis is the thin edge of a very dangeous wedge!

There will be consequences. I plead with you to have a change of heart and turn around, cancelling your arrangements with Mr Duplantis and the Seventh Day Adventists. Revelation Television can stand out at the very least as one Christian TV station that is untainted with the apostacy of the end of the age. It is time for some believer in Christian media to lead, and give leadership over the airwaves, not following the self serving and indulgent spectacles that emanate from the USA. This will bring the blessing, provision and honour of God to the service and life of such a Ministry. May it be yours.

Although I am 61 years old, and been through many adventures with the Lord Jesus over the years, I'm not some kind of boring old fuddy-duddy legalist that cannot move with the times. I seek to be like the sons of Issachar who had understanding of the times (1Chronicles 12:32) and sound an alarm when an enemy approaches, by a full frontal attack or through the subtle infiltration of a "fifth column".

 A Scripture I apply regularly to myself is this:  "Look to yourselves that we do not lose the things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward. Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.  If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him: for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds" (2 John 8-11 NKJV).  This is not about our Salvation, we did not work for that, it was a free gift of God's grace, but rather, it is about our service for Him as we travel home, and hope that we will receive our reward for faithfulness to the Truth. May we be found faithful and be given "full wages".

Maranatha, in Jesus,

Brian Gemmell.

No comments:

Post a Comment